Thread: Pump gas boost
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chemicals that can strip paint or melt plastic deserve all the protection attention you can give.

My cancer(multiple myeloma) is in same family of blood cancers as lukemia. Rare and only commonality seems to be chemical workers, petroleum industry, and mechanics. No specific ties have been determined yet.

I grew up next to a place that made products with asbestos in them, was down wind from refineries, played in fields with white mud, walked through ponds that ooozed smelly oil-like stuff. Plenty of jet fuel down my arms draining sumps on B52's not to mention showers in deicing fluid even hydraulic fluid. MEK yep, but I tried to avoid that stuff as it burned skin pretty easy...toluene...in the 60's building models, glue was full of it(till idiots started sniffing the stuff)I think it was in model paint as well, it was common in gasoline not to mention tetraethyl lead . My go karts saw methanol, ethanol, model plane nitro, ether. I swam in the Niagara river long before the clean air/water act. Its a wonder I dont glow in the dark lol.

Yeah,be careful with any chemical you're handling including household stuff.