View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 09:43 PM

Default van started on four year old gas

Around 2013/2014 my stepdad stopped driving the 1996 Ford handicapped mini van I got for them. The lift function failed, and the van was about an inch off the ground, making it very difficult to drive, especially in the snow. I couldn't get under it to diagnose the trouble, as it was too close to the ground to even put a jack under it. I would have just sold the van, but it only has 16k miles on it. So it got put to the side for later. Eventually, the battery weakened, and it wouldn't start. It became that car that was constantly being pushed out of the way.

Today, my brother, son and I were organizing the yard. My brother suggested we pull the old van up to the garage, and check it out. After we towed it up front, I used a tractor to push it up car ramps. It is still too low to the ground, but I can work with this. My brother and son turned their attentions towards the dead battery, which wouldn't even work with a charger. I found a good battery in the garage. My brother installed it, so they could see if the engine turned over. To my surprise, when my son turned the key, it started right up on that old gas. Not only did it start on the old gas, it ran fine. Go figure.