View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Update.
So no luck on the plates. They must be lost for good. However, I did find the original logo artwork that John gave me to make the screens. I believe the first few plates were made with vinyl cut on a Gerber machine. Those plates were put on the customer cars that competed at various GTO shows across the country. John decided to offer the plates for sale due to a large number of requests that he received after the cars were shown so we made up some masks to give to the silkscreen shop that produced the items that were sold via the Pipeline. I think the price was $8.95 plus shipping....not sure why I remember the price, just stuck in my head for some weird reason.

At any rate....I can probably reproduce those plates in vinyl (just like we did for Ralph's RA V car). I have the PMD logo so all I would need to do is layout the text. I don't remember the font but I can use the photo posted by Chris as a guide to come up with a very very close match. I think I want to give it a try for old times sake....I can use the plate for my 68 restoration that is nearly complete so that would be a fun little tribute to the fellas. I will post some pics when I make the first plate and see if there is any interest in duplicates. Wish me luck!