View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Jim Wangers Condition

Jim Wangers has had increasing problems with his memory for some time now. Today his Administrative Assistant (really more like a daughter) posted this on the GTO Tiger Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/GeeTOTiger/...location=group).

"Dear Pontiac Friends and Family,

Many of you have heard rumors concerning Jim Wangers and his current health status. Let's set the record straight shall we?

Jim was diagnosed with dementia, possibly Alzheimer's Disease, four years ago. Up until this past Fall he seemed to be getting along pretty well. Unfortunately this horrible disease takes no prisoners and that is no longer the case.

Jim is currently living in an assisted living facility (soon to move to a Memory-care facility) in Oceanside, CA. He is getting wonderful care, his overall health is good (he still walks unassisted), in no pain and seems to be content.

Our office will be closed by January 29th, 2018 as will our website and Facebook page.

I have had the honor to work for Jim for almost 20 years and it is hard to see this hideous disease take such a toll on this great mind. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

I'd also like to say thank you to the friends I've made during my travels all over this great country following Jim. You opened your arms to a non-car gal and made me feel welcome where ever we went.

On behalf of Jim Wangers and the GeeTO Tiger may life bring you love, joy, good health and many GrrrrrrEAT adventures!

Jeanne Weiss
Assistant to Jim Wangers
Jim Wangers Productions, Inc"