Thread: eBay sightings
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
Curious where you picked up that term...?
I work in Dynamics testing (shock and vibe)... mostly spacecraft parts. In the three possible axes, X and Y are in the horizontal plane, with Z being up (vertical). I have a 75 Trans AM. It came with a newer shaker scoop, which was cut. I found a cherry 74 GTO shaker many years ago and paid for it. It looks the same as the Trans AM scoop, but it has a Ram Air flap.

A little known fact about the Trans AM shaker scoop is that noise is why they sealed the shaker in 1973. In 1974, the 350 GTO (Looks like a Nova) passed the noise emitting spec, so it had a Ram Air flap controlled by a solenoid.

Fitting this scoop into my Trans AM will require a modification to the baseplate. This is a fun project and I can figure out a way to make it fit. But, if I had a turbo hood, the only Z height limitation for the engine is the top of the hood, without having to mess with fitting the shaker.

This car is loaded, with pretty much every option. My Firebird collector book lists it at 5 out of 5 starts for collectability. This is an old book, but these cars are rare. An uber steal at $5K IMO. Ironical that the shaker sitting on that 69 Judge looks like a Ram Air. with an intake flap.

Last edited by thews; 03-22-2018 at 11:06 PM.