Thread: Speed shops
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 03:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When I was a teenager in the mid 60's we patronized a small, somewhat junky speed shop down a side street in Inglewood, CA not too far from the Forum. The shop dealt in buying and selling used speed equipment along with new stuff. Then I went in the Air Force and didn't move back to the area. Funny thing is I now buy a lot of the shop's speed parts - SKAT Enterprises. Back then it was Tom and one other person, and Tom could tell you anything and everything about whatever you were thinking about buying.

I patronized several speed shops in the 70's and 80's and put up with the inconvenience of being a Pontiac person - which meant a 35 mile drive to the speed shop, not having the Pontiac part in stock, ordering the part sight unseen, driving home and then about a week later making the round trip drive to pick up the part hoping the counter guy ordered correctly. Even after Summit fired up they wouldn't sell to California residents for years. It was like Christmas every day when they finally broke down and included us.