View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook1 View Post
Now, as for buying cars that only depreciate, well they can't all be collector cars. A while back, my father came into some money. Some people told him to save the money for the future, but he was of the mindset to enjoy life while you can. He bought a 2010 SS Camaro, and a large, Dodge quad cab truck. He prized those vehicles, and loved driving them. He passed away, unexpectedly, not long after that. I can't help but wonder how different his last years would have been if he had saved the money, and not splurged on unnecessary vehicles and such. We try and keep a balance of enjoying life while still putting away some for the future. I am happy with our purchases, and would do it again.
If he didn't buy those cars, he wouldn't have had the pleasure of owning them. Everyone always says plan for the future (which is great advice), but if you don't enjoy life in the moment, all you're doing is saving your money for someone else. He got to enjoy ripping around in a new Camaro and a cool new Ram, which is more than most can say.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National