View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix View Post
I'll have to check how many rows. I had read "good" 1 or 1/25" tube 2 core aluminums cool as good as 4 core brass.
We've got countless customers that have significant temp drops on even just the dual 1" tube models. With 1 1/4" tubes, it's not even close. Does everyone need that much cooling capacity? Probably not but if you are going to go thru the trouble of the installation and sometimes a brand new engine rebuild, why not play it safe and put something in there that you KNOW is going to get the job done.

btw, I have personal experience in this regard well before Cold Case even existed. I had a Rodney Red dual 1" unit in my 462 67 GTO. Despite RR being a well constructed well respected brand, it did not keep my GTO cool. I had to pull over if in traffic for any more than 20 minutes. I later dropped in a dual 1 1/4" aluminum unit and all else remained the same. Instead of overheating at 240-260 in 30-40 minutes, I have since run at 190-195 at the very most and that is when sitting in traffic for well over an hour.

Last Summer, we replaced that original big radiator that had dual 13" SPAL fans and a custom shroud (total cost of kit $1800) and replaced it with a $700 Cold Case kit. Cooling results are exactly identical to the $1800 kit. 190-195 all day long.