View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Your Other Thread Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAQuest View Post

This time I had the covers off so I could see the rockers. I bring up the mark and see the rockers are even with each other so I assume they are closed and it's compression stroke. That's where I was wrong. The rockers look almost the same when at TDC on compression or exhaust stroke. So I was confident I was right when I was wrong. Bad place to be. That was the second shoe to fall. I learned that this morning by realizing that I was wrong and confident yet again on start up. At least now I know how and why I was wrong twice. Not going to do that again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAQuest View Post
It runs good. Still has more valve noise than it had with the smaller cam. Ran it for another 20 minutes at 2000 rpm just to make sure the cam was completely broken in. Not sure what more I can do to get rid of the extra valve noise. Might have to live with it.
If you adjusted valves like you was doing the distributor install....You need to go back and adjust valves again.

How much preload did the new lifters call for?

How did you check the preload?

What technique did you use to lock the polylocks down? Need to turn the nut for the final lock instead of just tightening the set screw.

Clay