View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been going to Autofair for years. Probably 10 - 15 years ago, I had a 68 - 70 GTO hood that had blown out of my trailer and was warped/damaged. I told somebody about it, and said I would bring it to the show and let him determine if he thought it was usable. At the time, my spaces were up against a chain link fence in the blue field.

I showed the guy the hood, and he thought it was too warped to work with and didn't buy it. It was windy at the show, so I used a couple of bungie cords to secure it to the chain link fence. I left the cords a little loose so people could lean it over to check out the bottom side.

At the time, my in-laws were alive and I had somewhere to stay at during the show. I went to their house that night, and the guys in the camper beside of me said they would watch my stuff.

That night, somebody decided to grab it and run. The guys in the camper said they got about 2 - 3 feet before the bungie cord went tight, cutting one of thief's hands. When I arrived the next morning, I found blood on the hood (it was white) and several more drops nearby.

It felt suprisingly good and bad at the same time knowing the thieves probably ended up with a nice hospital bill while trying to steal something that I ended up throwing into the scrap metal bin after the show.