View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455

I went with the 0411 mainly for the cable throttle body & shaker clearance. Otherwise, the E38 DBW ECU would have been the choice. You can use the P59 ECU which is the 0411 w/ 1 MB of RAM. Both 0411 & P59 have flex fuel capabilities. While I am currently not using that feature, I have pondered bringing it online. Either unit will work and both have been proven in factory applications for a few billion miles.

Troubleshooting has been in positive as it helped identify a few things when I first put the system in operation. I had a 'CEL' made in place of the seat belt telltale in the factory speedo. Do enjoy the precise tuning abilities which allow you to adjust specific areas/ cells. Good luck doing that with a carb.

Spent many hours with different designs. Finally decided on the current. Will probably redesign the crank sensor holder with less adjustability for more plug & play in the future. For now, it works. Crank trigger mimics the LS 24x unit which has the inverse wheel . Its 2 triggers mounted together. Sensor holder mounts off the fuel pump block off plate and is adjustable back & forth for different width balancers and radially to dial in the timing. By dialing in , I am referencing engine timing to the ECU/ trigger so the sensor knows where TDC (0 deg) is. I set the timing tables to an arbitrary number say 25 deg. Then with a timing light, position the sensor such that the timing tab/ balancer reads 25 deg or whatever you choose. This correlates the 2 and now its all handled in the tables. This is the design I'd like to eliminate so its plug & play but wanted the adjustment initial until I could pin point exact sensor placement. There is roughly 10 deg of allowable movement. No need to cheat it as you do all yours timing in the tables, just want the 2 to be accurate.