View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wouldn't you like to know how the engine is doing with a particular oil though? Not curious at all??
Is 1200 ppm enough? Does it need that much? How do things look with 800 or 900 ppm?

I think very few people have actually went through the trouble and just use what they feel works. That's fine too.

I wonder how many people that claim their engines have been fine for 20 years actually drive their cars 10,000+ miles a year. I'm going to guess most here are lucky to put 2,000 miles a year on their classics. In which case I don't think it matters what oil they use, the engine will probably go 20 years without complaint. If I drove them that little I probably wouldn't much care either. At that rate and my age, I likely wouldn't need another rebuild anyway, lol.

We daily drive ours. I'm willing to bet I could count on one hand (maybe 2) the amount of people here that actually use a classic for daily transportation. We've put over 30k miles on our 69Z in the last 3 years alone since I put it back on the road, not including the others we use.

I'm not being argumentative, just curious and putting things in perspective. I'd really like to see an oil sample. I'd like to see more classics on the road more often too but that's just the old school in me.