View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to adam woodmancy

finally had some nice weather over the last two weekends and I was able to get back to tinkering on the LeMans. Still have a lot of fitment fine tuning, but baby steps are still forward steps. I'm happy with how everything pulled in tight to get rid of some of the factory gaps, but close one gap, open another.. It will take a while to get it all worked out. Ordered what is hopefully the last of my engine stuff today also, so hopefully can start assembling the 400 in the next week or two. Re used as much from the old 400 as i could, mainly the stock rods and speed pro pistons and rings. After the vibration from the balancer failure cracked my 70 400 block, I sourced one of the dreaded 557 blocks with std bore to bore for $125 to reuse my old stuff. Decked it to use with the cometics also. Had an old rusty 70 N crank turned to replace my bent one. Also decided to go from the .255/262 solid cam to a .247/254 with more lift. Hopefully this will work better with the low rpms i run and the oversized top end. i'm excited to see how it all plays out, they car ran 7.20/30's in the 1/8 with the old set up and a 4.30 gear. We took the 4.30 out and put a 3.70 in for 1/4 mile racing. so im anxious to see ix we can get back the couple tenths we lost with the gear change.

Quarter-Max Chassis and Racing Components

Last edited by adam woodmancy; 05-12-2020 at 05:09 PM.