View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
This is always cool to read about.

As far as the Dukes go I think the official number is over 300 and I think there were 12 left from the show- all sold as one lot.

I’ve met John Schneider a few times - once when he used my General Lee for a radio station appearance. He said there were so many, built so fast that almost anything can be considered ‘accurate’. He said in a lot of scenes the white trim on the flag was actually medical tape! He did say they never used a 70- too many modifications needed to make the grill look right. With a 68 they could use wire to hold the center of a 69 grill in a 68 car (I can’t imagine cutting up those grills today) and they would use rectangular reflective tape to cover the round turn signals and make them look like a 69. Most of the time they didn’t mess with the tail lights and just shot from the front of the car.

I've been looking for a good 69 Charger to build a General Lee. It's amazing how little there is left of those cars. People ask the kings ransom too.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National