View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The GT-37 is now back on-deck to focus my energies on. We are going to work on the brakes and suspension to check condition and repairs/upgrades where needed. The 455 HO (average dyno pulls of 425 hp/535 lbft torque) will be installed with the big 455 motor mounts and backed by the BW-ST10 (2.64 1st gear). We may have a one piece A-body driveshaft in the stash, but, if not, will have to have a custom one made for it. The 12-bolt McKinnon 3.31 gears are original and will get a visual check for any issues (don't anticipate any). I need to send/deliver the instrument cluster (factory gauges) to Bob's Speedometer to rebuild them before I can reinstall the assembled dash.

There isn't a headliner in the car, but may have to install one later. This is going to be the muscle car version of a rat-rod with patina galore, but I want to get it back on the streets. I don't think I can get the RR quarter fixed and the trunk floor replaced on my schedule...but that can happen after the car is drivable.

Dennis