View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My advice trying to run this combination is to pay very close attention to the oiling circuit. I haven't worked with the MR1 specifically, but have built many IA 2's and stock blocks. With the 3.25" main housing bore, there is less block and more hole, if you get what I am saying. That's why everyone prefers the 3" main for high power applications and and a 2.750 would be even better with a good enough crankshaft. Fortunately, you have a Scat crankshaft which has decent main oiling holes and pretty good chamfers. I don't think an Eagle would survive over 6200-6300 RPM with their awful "divot eyebrow" type of main oiling. You didn't state what HP you intend to produce with this engine, so I have to guess. If you intend to make in the 1200 HP range, a Pontiac based oiling system with an accumulator should be OK. IMO you need .0035 main clearance and perfect housing bores to keep it alive. The primary issue with a 3.25" main bearing is bearing speed and heat. You need the extra clearance to keep flushing oil through the mains and remove heat. I think you need to plan to keep your RPM's around 7000-7200. If your planning to make big horsepower, north of 1500 HP, your going to need to upgrade the oiling system with a pump capable of at least double the flow rate of a Pontiac pump. At a very minimum, a Titan pump if your going to stay wet sump or a dry sump system. Good luck with the build.