View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 02:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Roger! The current plan was to do a scuff and shoot without the clear coat to keep with the weathered/patina look like it is now. In light of finding more trouble areas recently, we'll see what we decide to do with the extent of the body work and prep...it needs more work than we initially thought, so now we are debating what's the best course of action...do we do more body work (rust repair) now, or leave it for later...and you know what that means, not in my lifetime...so, it's either now, or never. We found a small rusted area up on the rear passenger wheel opening (where it is currently gray primer) below the rear window that should be fixed, and some of the body filler up high behind the rear window is cracked and looks rusty orange in the cracks...ugh...not good. I could look the other way, but then why paint it if it's going to get worse and is a waste of effort and money. I think, rather know, Scott will want to fix it properly before paint, or not do it at all. All it takes is more money...what's new (lol)!

Dennis