View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry455 View Post
I had a Spyder,1977 and yellow, like that in high school. I loved that car. One day I will find another one. That looks great. Mine was manual steering and no A/C. I will probably put an EFI on my Firebird in the future.
Thats what I had in high school. Prior to me purchasing mine in 1985, it was only 8 years old & getting pretty rusty form the Wisconsin Winters. Looked good, but door seams were already letting go on the bottoms. Lots of great memories. Dropped a tired 350 in with a cam, intake & carb to replace the anemic 140hp 305 & the fun factor went way up. Then started looking for one 20 years later & it was nearly impossible to find a nice one. By chance of fate / luck I found one out of Florida. Low miles & ron solid. All the plastic & rubber was dried up, but completely rust free. So I started a 3 year restoration on it.
You almost had to own one of these cars to have any interest in them. Kind of a cult thing I suppose. Extremely hard to find nice used & NOS parts for. The car was easy to restore, but getting parts was another story. I am guessing thats not getting any easier as whats out there ends up in a few more of these H bodies. Probably near the bottom on the collectibility scale, but thats not why I wanted it.

I have another set of wheels I run as well as the rallies in the pic.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1835.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	560795  

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA