View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 08:18 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimib View Post
JLBILL: Good info on SST, customer service means so much to me.
Tom S: Yes, I always use a debit or credit card.

PontiacJim1969: Good point you brought up. Maybe I'm the problem. This is why I came to this forum, for "advice" and "constructive criticism"; I'm perfectly OK with this. That said though, a 12-day span went by as I stated above (Feb 1 to Feb 12) with no contact from Walt (Owner of Pro Motion). ZeGermanHam mentioned this above. I would be OK with one phone call per week to keep me updated. Walt and his company have $2800 of my money. In Walt's defense, his sister developed a sickness over this time which he explained.
FormulaJones brought up a good point that many shops are slow right now. Seems like a good thing but maybe they can't get parts.

Being a Registered Nurse, I have a responsibility to make sure the patients understand the therapeutic and side effects of the meds I'm giving them, or more recently and abundantly, explaining how we are treating them for the Covid virus. I just want to understand why I give a down payment of $2800 and 5 weeks later, they still are not ready for my car.
$2,800 was to purchase the transmission - that's business and business sense. Can you image if 5 customers came in to your shop and said, "Hey, I wanna put a Tremec in my car. Call me when the transmission and parts are in." Do you honestly think the shop owner is going to shell out of pocket for 5 Tremec transmission only to find that 1 of the people was serious and the other 4 were dreamers - or didn't check with their wives first?

I sure as heck would not order the parts on my dime. You are going to pay for parts and/or materials up front and then wait until they come in. Then I am going to call you when they do, and let you know when to bring your car to the shop. I also don't want the responsibility of your car sitting on my property for 2 months so someone can steal it, take parts off it, or damage it because my garage is a working garage and not a parking garage.

The owner, or Walt, is not going to call you each week with an update, "Nope, trans isn't here yet," and then listen to the disappointments, complaints, or even threats to go elsewhere to speed him up. I have often found if you use tact, and build a little relationship bridge with the shop, they can be a little more open to your calls, or personal visits, every couple weeks. They WANT your money and your business. Quality costs and you may also have to stand in line for it and simply wait it out until your car is next. Have you ever had to wait in line and take a number at a top notch and popular restaurant? If the food and service is that good, you are willing to wait and you don't go there with the intention of complaining about the wait because you know it'll be worth it and everyone before you and everyone after you is also going to have to wait.

Just be patient. If you rush him, he may indeed slap the car together real sloppy just to get you off his back and then when you have a bunch of problems, well..............