View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife and I spent more than a few hours in, and around the crew, and around the car over the years since the Grocery Getter was sold. Even before the funny car, I talked to Mike and Eric at VMS, and Jim Butlers race down in TN.

Before the funny car was done, they displayed it at the POCI event in Charleston WV, I helped them push it back in the trailer when they were packing it up after the show. The guys answered my questions about their race cars. Being I come from a dirt oval track background, I was trying to get an idea of what it took to have a top tier Pontiac drag car, and what maintenance it took to keep it there. I probably asked Mike some dumb questions, but he still answered them.

I have to say from my experience around all types of race cars and pit crews, The guys on the Boss Bird/Grocery Getter team, (Bag Boys) are some of the nicest, down to earth crews I've come across. I think I'll miss talking to Jerry (their tuner) a lot, Same deal, I knew almost zero about nitromethane as a fuel, Jerry answered all my novice questions, and gave me a lot of basics about running it as a racing fuel.

Dave and his son, same deal, nicest bunch of down to earth people you could ever hope to meet. Top notch, high class, bunch of racers.

The whole operation was a joy to be around, I will miss their presence at Norwalk for sure.

Maybe you guys can take time off this year to take me up on the offer to attend the Sprint car races this year. Eric has expressed his curiosity to see some cars that raced around corners, instead of just in a straight line.............

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated