View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamans71 View Post
Formulajones, how did you route the fuel lines? As I plan on using the 4150 (not the stealth) it comes with an internal fuel pressure regulator and I'll need to plumb both a supply and return line to and from the EFI unit. Did you run the fuel lines up the back of the motor trans (thru the trans tunnel?) I'm worried about getting too close to the headers and 3in exhaust that I have on this car. I am thinking of running the lines around the EFI unit down the front of the motor like it would be stock to the supply and (new) return lines down by the frame rail.
If you aren't worried about hiding things, and for ease of installation, running them down the front of the engine similar to the stock routing would be the way I'd do it. That's generally what I do on a typical install when I don't care about hiding things and have more freedom. On dad's I did his that way, since the regulator on his is mounted in the stock fuel pump location, I just ran his feed line down by the water pump like the factory had it.

On mine, I hid the regulator down low on the frame, return goes back along the frame from there, and hid the feed line under the heater box, behind the cylinder head coming into the back of the unit. I used the black braided -8 so it blends right in to the factory wire harness that runs right through there, making it hardly noticeable.

All that stuff you see in that picture in the front of the unit is soldered closed at the brass junction and closed off so no fuel is being pumped down to the mechanical fuel pump, which is also inop (push rod removed).
If I weren't trying to hide things on this car, I would have just removed the stock fuel pump, mounted the regulator there, and ran my feed line up the front of the engine.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE