View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
If you aren't worried about hiding things, and for ease of installation, running them down the front of the engine similar to the stock routing would be the way I'd do it. That's generally what I do on a typical install when I don't care about hiding things and have more freedom. On dad's I did his that way, since the regulator on his is mounted in the stock fuel pump location, I just ran his feed line down by the water pump like the factory had it.

On mine, I hid the regulator down low on the frame, return goes back along the frame from there, and hid the feed line under the heater box, behind the cylinder head coming into the back of the unit. I used the black braided -8 so it blends right in to the factory wire harness that runs right through there, making it hardly noticeable.

All that stuff you see in that picture in the front of the unit is soldered closed at the brass junction and closed off so no fuel is being pumped down to the mechanical fuel pump, which is also inop (push rod removed).
If I weren't trying to hide things on this car, I would have just removed the stock fuel pump, mounted the regulator there, and ran my feed line up the front of the engine.
Thanks for that extra info on how you routed your fuel lines. Did you ever consider placing the regulator back by the tank, say up around the stand pipe area? That would really cut down on the return line length but I was not sure if a return line that short would be an issue. Just to be clear I'm not saying that the RFI and EMI noise issues are an extreme issue, only that if they are a problem it can be quite a nightmare to track down and solve sometimes. I stopped in to a local performance shop in Gilbert that is listed on the Holly site and chatted with them about the Sniper. They confirmed that 95% of the time it works fine but that 5% is a major hassle. For that reason they recommend the Terminator X over the Sniper as the ECU is remote located on the Terminator system. While that would be nice at over $2K for the Terminator it is outside my budget, plus its for a much higher performance level than I'm at.