View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 10:42 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamans71 View Post
Just to be clear I'm not saying that the RFI and EMI noise issues are an extreme issue, only that if they are a problem it can be quite a nightmare to track down and solve sometimes. I stopped in to a local performance shop in Gilbert that is listed on the Holly site and chatted with them about the Sniper. They confirmed that 95% of the time it works fine but that 5% is a major hassle. For that reason they recommend the Terminator X over the Sniper as the ECU is remote located on the Terminator system. While that would be nice at over $2K for the Terminator it is outside my budget, plus its for a much higher performance level than I'm at.
I encountered intermittent RFI/EMI issues with my install.....would be running great and then all of a sudden stall for no reason. It ended up being my plug wires, I guess there was something wrong with my 10 year old MSD wires. Swapped the wires out and everything is good to go and runs great. I really like the system, car has never started so well and has great throttle response...super easy to tune with data logging etc.

The shop I buy from also mentioned to me that they install the regulators (LS style I think he said) back by the tank, but I think that is just due to faster install time. He also said they have removed a few systems and put them back to carburetor because people didn't understand that you might have to hook a laptop up and do some tuning on them...