View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 05:31 PM

Default Better stronger blower motor for factory A/C cars

No not hose like that. Your car should have a factory molded short (about 4") hose that connects from a fitting on your air box forward of your blower motor and connects to blower motor to help keep windings cool. If your factory hose is in good shape it will fill VDO PM136 or GM 158535 but since theses motors are a little shorter than the factory OEM motors the hose has to have the molded bend bent a little more. My hose was original and rotten (52 years old) and when I got it installed it split. I went to a farm supply store and got a length of clear plastic thin wall tubing/hose that they use on pesticide/herbicide spray rigs (multitude of other uses for tubing) (plumbing stores have it too) and it worked perfectly. Just heated it a little with heat gun so I could make bend and it would stay bent and not kink. I really urge you to go back on this thread and read "70455HOVert" 's posts on this improved motor swap (post #'s 16, 17, 18, 21 & 23). He did the research work on this and explains how well it worked. Once again I urge you to use the VDO PM136 motor like he did instead of the GM158535 motor like I did. Although I'm satisfied ,with my increased velocity and volume, from "70455HOVert" 's description of his results with the VDO PM136 motor and once you look at picture of cage/fan on Rock Auto's site of VDO PM136 you will see it's got to move a lot of air plus it's like $19.00 and the GM I bought for same original application was $53.00.