View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 01:27 PM

Thanks so much, George and Dataway.

To be clear, yes - I mis spoke, this is the fuel pump eccentric. Also, the work to replace the chain and eccentric was done last year and the car ran fine and with zero leaks, so that past work is not at issue.

The leak started with my jacking the right side of the car to change the oil filter and then starting it still in that position. Obviously caused some tension to some point(s) to cause the leak.

Possibilities mentioned are 1) the water pump - seems not, as leak appears close to the block.; 2) the rear gasket for the timing chain cover; 3) intake washer (cited below by Scott); or 4) thermostat housing - a possibility I thought of as I did have one of those fasteners (bolts) out to attach a clip to hold the metal vent tubing that goes from the carb and connects eventually to the charcoal canister (do not know the name of this part).

Hoping it’s 4), as that would be the easiest, obviously, and will check further into to it tonight with some more detective work. Will report back. Thanks, guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock1030 For This Useful Post: