View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 10:58 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirebirdm@n View Post
Interestingly, this car came with two left hand cocktail shakers in the front. The mounted one correctly then took the other and bent the crap out of the mounting brackets to franken-fit it to the right side. When I first took the front clip off and realized this problem, I watched ebay and searched around for a few months and could never find one.

Last month we finally started putting the car together again and on a whim I checked ebay and boom, RH side cocktail shaker right here in Tx, up in Dallas. Hit the BIN. Paid ~$300 for it with shipping.

Speaking of that, I bought these brackets from Ames as well but I don't recall seeing them on the front cocktails. Anyone have pics showing how/where these are used? I have the 69 Assembly Manual and don't think they're pictured in the drawing either.
Those brackets mount under the front shakers for '68. If you actually have '67 shakers, I don't think you need them. All three years' front shakers are different. (many people sell them as '67-'69, which is incorrect)
Regarding the lower baffle, the crappy repops are fiberglass, and crumble the first time you hit a curb or something else under the car. OEM ones were steel like the upper x-baffles.
Oh, and a full set of four shakers used to sell for about $100 back in '06-'08 date range. Became extremely hard to find about 2012.

The Following User Says Thank You to 68tpls400 For This Useful Post: