View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh33lman View Post
I have a 1981 TA with a 1976 455, and I want to replace the frame mounts/
The polyurethane inserts would reduce engine rock, which I need, since air cleaner to hood clearance is minimal with the Northwind intake.

I purchased the Butler polyurethane frame mounts , but the tabs in the insert, that the engine mounts' rest on, come sawed off.
I am not sure the engine mount would fit with them not cut off, so this may be correct.

Has anyone used these Butler polyurethane frame mounts?

Installation instructions say it requires the weight of the block to be used to compress the "clamshell" before tightening the frame mount to the frame. That seems difficult...

I have Dougs ceramic headers, but how big of a problem is this heat issue...melting the polyurethane insert?

Solid mounts are looking better all the time, but I am unsure of the pros and cons of going that route..
I used the poly mounts about 10 years ago in my 75 Formula. I ground the tabs off myself,. This was before they did that for you. I also used large plastic ties to hold them together as I used a lot of effort to get them bolted down. Headers. 455.
All has worked fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mounts.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	568107  

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372