View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 10:57 PM
Senior Chief

Default Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
Congrats Brad! I remember you were seeking a log cabin but missed this thread back in May.

We also chased a log cabin but "settled" for a more conventional home in the GA mountains, moved in June 2019. Also got more garage space than I ever thought possible but the bonus is an RV barn. From what I see in the pix, I think you outstripped me. Awesome.

Carpenter bees and woodpeckers are an issue here. In the end, I'm glad to have Hardie plank siding, I think the log cabin would have brought issues that would have driven me crazy, Instead we have been adding some interior touches to give the house some log cabin "feel". Two years in, we are very happy with our choice, hope you enjoy the same with yours.

The empty garage pix are a good idea. When we moved from our Fla home, I cleared out our 3 car garage. I was shocked to see how big it looked after 15 years filled with the disassembled GTO then the GTO was replaced by the TA project, plus 4 kids worth of bikes, lawn equipment etc. Kinda fun to see the space completely empty. The former owner here left tons of stuff behind so I've never seen any of my new space empty. Of course once you start filling it up, you'll probably never see it empty again! And in 10 years, you'll be thinking about how to add more space, haha!

Again, congrats on finding this gem.
What part of Georgia? My wife and I have a beautiful cabin in Ellijay (12 miles south of Blue Ridge).