View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 01:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
I’m still sour about losing Pontiac, but GM is making some terrific performance cars right now…Camaro SS ILE, ZL1, C8, 4/5 V Blackwings.
I wouldn’t buy any of that crap.

Pontiac’s problem was always CHEVY and it’s stupid protect the camaro and corvette at all. Costs attitude .

If they’d have left well enough alone and let Pontiac do what it wanted from 63 on they’d have had something special but noooo gotta protect the crap cars.

My 69 350 4 bbl 69 bird convertible gets 21 MPG and my turbo charged 455 gets 17 mpg and will click off 9s at will . The engine design with good rods is better than any Chevy POS save for the LS maybe . It was only the aftermarket that saved Chevy cause people were yanking them
Out and dropping in 389 tri powers before that. (Yes even in vettes)

Honestly I’d buy a dodge before I’d buy anything GM new . At least they are true to the American muscle car .
GM sucks these days . Make NOTHING I’d want.

I’ve had 21 69 birds have 3 right now but aside from the TA between 73 and the G8 years they also made nothing I’d be interested in buying new. Only the trans am kept me brand loyal. Through those years( I had an 87 t/a that was a nice handling fun car).

But that’s not Pontiac’s fault , that was the corporate bean counters cutting Pontiac’s nuts off and taking away its racing program first then it’s own engine program.

My daily drivers are dodge diesel pick ups and infinity SUVs But my buddies (previous GM guys) all have new high HP mopars. Hell cats etc and they are what we dreamed cars could be again in the 80s and 90s

Can you imagine if we had a trans am today with an all alluminum 400- 455 Pontiac w a turbo today? Make 1000 hp easily and get killer mileage when out of boost to lay waste to the hellcat and mustangs ???

Doesn’t matter it’ll all be electric self driving crap boxes soon following GPS or magnetic markers in the road and everything will have preset MPH

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 10-11-2021 at 01:35 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post: