View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 12:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

WT7 was a no-cost option/alternate
That is why we have such a Hard Time documenting many of them.
Nothing will transcribe it on just an Invoice - probably not on a window sticker either.
He didn't save any money - he actually spent more money in buying a can of spray paint or whatever means he used to paint his spoiler Black.

To most folks , i suppose , it probably boiled down to which color Stripes&Decals they wanted on their White car (if they even knew they had an actual "choice")
If they saw the WT7 ads they may have even assumed they would automatically get the Black Stripes & Black Spoiler.
You can't really hurt the look of a White 70 Judge very much no matter which color decals or spoiler you put on it. And it has been proclaimed White was the highest production color for the 1970 cars.

Quint Stires car was long considered a real WT7 car.
In all due respect, he has passed on many years ago.
But there has never been anyone who knew him (and many did) who saw any proof - aka Buildsheet.
So it is sort of "un-documented" in that particular respect.
No disrespect to his person , or his Judge.
It was an Arlington Built White Judge which used to have more meaning in years gone by - than it does anymore.
He may have bought the car from the original owner and had Day 1 pictures - but nobody knows that since his passing.

I am pretty sure i have Buildsheets on 2 White 1970 Arlington Built Judges - and neither of them list WT7.
Arlington Bsheets are virtually identical to Baltimore Bsheets

Have numerous Buildsheets for different White 1970 Judges from all the USA plants that built 1970 Judges (none built in Atlanta or Framingham).
But yet , only 3 documented 1970 WT7's - defacto , have supplied documents.

The RamIV 4spd - Red Interior - WT7 was also a PMD Internal Use Car.
An eventual owner preferred it more as a conventional White Judge - and changed the decals and spoiler back to default colors.
Shet Happens both ways