View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 06:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We eliminated the H-pipe and went with the straights duals. I may consider doing an X pipe later on but for now I'm going to run straight duals. We took the car for a test drive and all went well. Beside the trans swap we did a lot of upgrades. Working on getting the transmission computer programmed now. Here is what we did-

- TH400 to 4L80E with a US-Shift Quick 4 Gen 2 (TCI Throttle position sensor)
- Rear/upper adjustable control arms (replaced all bushings)
- Rebuilt the rear end with Strange 3.55 gears
- Moser axels and bearings
- New driveshaft
- Dakota Digital Gauges
- Jeep steering gear box
- Floor and trunk pans
- Exhaust tips
- New carpet
- Converted all exterior and interior lights to LED's

We're going to work on programming the trans. It came with a stock program but the converter is locking up too early (3rd gear). I've done some reading and asking around and it the consensus is to have the converter lock up around 48 mph. The US-Shift allows me to set 4 programs. I'm thinking I may keep the preprogrammed setting but change when the converter locks up. Anyone here have any experience programming the US-Shift Quick 4 Gen 2 trans computer?I'd like to get some thoughts on programming the computer for a little more aggressive shifting and maybe another program for a road trip (long distance). I can provide a copy of the engine dyno sheet if that is needed.

- Joe