View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As I already stated, the torque thrusts on the Firebird knocked 40 lbs. off the car. That's significant for just a wheel change.
That's the difference between a 15x7 Pontiac rally on the back, and 15x6's on the front. The Torque Thrusts are the same sizes, with the same tires on them. I literally changed them in the pits and drove the car back over to the scales.
The Pontiac rallys are just super heavy.

For comparison I looked at my notes on the Camaro and Chevelle.
Chevy rally wheels just aren't as heavy as the Pontiac wheel so the difference isn't as dramatic, but it's still noticeable. I have individual weights with and without tires but for simplicity I'll keep this at overall weight reduction

The Camaro had 15x7 Rallys all around. I installed 15x7 Torque Thrusts all around, with the same tires off the Rallys. It knocked exactly 30 lbs. off the car.

The Chevelle had 15x8 Rallys on the back and 15x6 Rallys on the front. Switching to the same size Torque Thrusts on this car knocked exactly 34 lbs. off the car. For what ever reason those 15x8 Chevy Rallys are pretty darn heavy compared to the 6's and 7's, so there was a 4 lbs. difference in the switch compared to the camaro.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE