Thread: 461 Stroker HP
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
The stroker rebuild would be the most expensive option by far. But, I'd get a brand new rotating assembly, 61 extra CID, pump gas friendly CR and keep my stock appearance. I've already got the RA exhaust manifolds.
with aluminum heads on your current engine you would still be pump gas friendly, im sure you know but aluminum can go a full number or more over iron heads & still be ok on pump gas. the added flow of alum heads over stock heads & a good cam would be about the same HP as a stroker kit with stock heads but cheaper & easier to do than a full stroker rebuild. a factory crank is just as strong or stronger than a cast stroker crank. alum heads wont be 100% stock appearance but many guys have done a stealth look with aluminum heads by grinding off the name & painting them stock color blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
BTW, when I used the word "expert" I was not taking a jab at you at all. I appreciate all advice, and pretty much everyone here knows more than me anyway.
i didnt take it as a jab at all, just wanted to state up front im far from an expert compared to some on here but have been dealing with pontiacs/firebirds & doing most of my own work on them for 30+ years. but i will leave it to others to provide more suggestions & knowledge on this.

The Following User Says Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post: