View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good video as well. The guy knows what he is doing IMO. Everyone does things a little different, but I personally would not put aluminum Scorpion rocker arms on a 600 HP BBC. I have seen way too many problems with them to send one out with those on it. I just finished a BBC that failed several of those and did quite a bit of damage. I like steel rockers for anything doing street time. The guides, studs, and valve guides don't surprise me. He put CHE valve guides in. They are about as good as you can get. Actually all the parts sounded good except the rocker arms. The HP numbers and torque numbers were actually inflated probably by the very fast 600 RPM/sec they made their runs at. Zinging the engine up quickly like that produces bigger numbers on the dyno. Good for bragging rights I guess. We run most of our pulls at 300 RPM/sec. Make the engine work a little. If your scared to run your engine for 10 seconds at WOT, you should probably not be building them for a living. 3000-6000@ 600 per second is only a 5 second pull. I have pulled some of our Pontiacs from 2500 -7500 RPM's @ 300 RPM per second. That's a good workout at almost 17 seconds WOT and load.