View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 06:25 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreMaker View Post
Ultimately, they'll build whatever the customer asks them to, even if it seems unreasonable. They'll just make sure you know what is and isn't covered if you choose to use a questionable component.

So far, I'm still leaning towards using my numbers matching 557 block for this build.
Actually, I don't think that they really care what the customer wants or what is best for the customer. I have one of these (4.25 stroke) short blocks from them....and when I was ordering the short block , I made it clear that it would be going in a 67 GTO, and that the heads/cam that I was using on my 428 (which would be put on this new engine) was making 420 rwhp.....but what I ended up with was a 557 based stroker, that was not balanced very well, with main journals out of round, and it required motor mount adapters for me to put it in my car. Last trip to the dyno was 460 rwhp......is it a ticking time bomb? Maybe?

Probably only reason I haven't had a problem is that the car is just a street car and only raced maybe once a year.

I think you will be fine building this up like you want for a street car, but there is no way I would trust a 557 block if you were going to the track every weekend.