View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 10:10 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
Agree. Rhoads knows the best way to set lash on their product, and that will have the best chance of the valve train surviving.

The fit and finish of the Rhoads lifters are way above what I have seen from other companies, and I believe they have the best chance of living. A lobe will take out a lifter and vice versa, and when both are ground down it can only be speculation of whether the lobe or lifter failed first.
First Question I would ask Bill S is: What oil were you using with these lifters in the engine you have had for 10 years?

Second Question is Did you use GM EOS on the initial break-in?
I assume you did.

Third Questionis What oil did you have in the original engine 10 years ago and what was the PPM of that oil. Parts per Million of Zinc in oil.

% of Zinc in oil vs PPM | Bob Is The Oil Guy
https://bobistheoilguy.com › forums › threads › of-zinc...

From your posts it appears that you had the failure of the camshaft and lifters over a period of time. A flip of the coin which lifters on what cylinder failed first. Post up that info.

Adding better oil after the failure is on the way will do nothing.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post: