View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Original motor options

Well mission creep has done crept about as far as it can on my project. I've put down a deposit for a IA II block for the motor I'm building. 4 weeks is the estimate for delivery.

So, what to do with the original motor? I'm gonna bet almost everyone will say to save it, in case I ever sell the car, then I'll have a correct motor (although not #'s matching...). That's the most obvious choice and I certainly haven't ruled that out but I am considering other options too.

The question is, if I did sell it, what would be the best way? As a complete motor or part it out?

It is a '70 WS block with #12 heads. It's 60 over. Fresh off a rebuild with about 1200 miles on it.

I think it would probably be worth more all together. That would be a little more hassle to crate and ship it (unless it sells local), but it would be just one transaction. But, parting it out and selling it that way would not be hassle free either.

Just thinking out loud...

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share