Thread: 468 final specs
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
I haven't pulled the intake off and looked at it but I would be quite surprised if it has had any work done to it, and I'm not planning any. From Cliff's previous comments on intakes and carbs I don't see the intake and carb holding me back. I think my motor will be limited by the 1.5 rockers, unported heads and the manifolds/exhaust.

But again, my goal is not maximum power. I just want more than stock power with a rock solid rotating assembly and valve train. I realize I'm getting very close, if not past, driveline parts breaking territory. But, I think with street tires and my driving style I'll probably be OK.
Unless you've already paid for parts, you might consider maximizing the combination as is. Especially if your driving style isn't hard on parts.

I did the same thing, and am now in a position that wanting more power means spending more on parts than had I just purchased what was best at the time.

Things like rockers don't change in cost across a 1.5 to 1.65 ratio, nor do the springs. But if you decide later on to change these things, you end up paying double, plus your time and labor.

At least something to think about.

My prediction for power would be in the 520hp/580 ft lbs range. I think the manifolds would work a bit better with a cam on a wider LSA. That said, this combo with an intake and header change down the road would likely pick up a good bit of power, even without a change in valvetrain package.