View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gtoMN View Post
I have purchased many sets of these headlight bezels for my cars. FYI - The last set I purchased was roughly 5 years ago and I think the price was $300.
I knew I shouldn't have, but I just looked at a spreadsheet I kept in the earlier years and had to just twist the knife in my own gut. sold a very nice set of these 68 headlight bezels along with the two headlight bucket panels and the full set of mounting brackets to hold it all on the endura on ebay in 2007 - closing auction price: $85 before fees.

I'm going to delete that spreadsheet before I get myself sick -- a few auctions down the list I only got $12.50 for a pristine 4 spd bell housing! after fees what'd I clear, a $10 bill for all the hassle along with boxing it and shipping it? It cost me $200 to fill the tank on my truck yesterday. what would I rather have in my hand right now, a good bell housing or two gallons of diesel?

Just glancing down the lists comparing current ebay prices to 15 years ago, things have gone up 10 times their old values.

That really sucks being over a barrel when you gotta have something right now
Where are you located?. Carlisle show in PA is in a few weeks, maybe some better prospects at more realistic prices.