View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Glass Elves messed with my Windshield

So today was the day to install my windshield that has been stored under my bed for 30 years. I could have sworn this glass came from my Lemans parts car, wife broke the original 68 GTO window while we were clearing some rocks from the yard many years ago ... you know, right after I told her to be careful not to hit the car under the tarp

Lemans parts car was a 68 23737 so it should have fit if that's where it came from ... but see the results below. Fit perfect at the bottom and sides .. .but top corners were way off. I'm assuming I bought it used from someone ... and it's probably from a 4 dr. or Conv.

Question is ... what is the best place to get a reproduction ... preferably with the proper green tint and blue shade. Hopefully maybe an outfit that can deliver it to a local shop so I can avoid some outrageous shipping. Wife is paying since she still regrets breaking the original.

And I'm assuming I might have to get an adhesive dam a bit taller to compensate for the thinner modern glass.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Windshield-1.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	591625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Windshield-2.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	591626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Windshield-3.jpg
Views:	441