View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDH79TA View Post
Probably the most disheartening thing said was that the autopilot is so that you can focus on small tasks for short periods of time. Seriously? Is this where we're at now? We can't focus on one single task at hand? We can't put the phone down and drive for 30 minutes? I'm not arguing electric or gas powered. I'm not arguing performance numbers or joy of driving. There's an argument to be said for what it takes to manufacture, charge and dispose of those batteries. That's another discussion entirely. I understand the autopilot comparison. However, when in auto pilot, you're not passing 100 other planes separated by 5 feet and a painted line.

We're so quick to hand over personal responsibility to tech. We find someone to blame when our own actions cause us injury or inconvenience. We don't even do our own shopping anymore then complain they gave us the wrong item. We hide behind screen names and anonymity. It's an unfortunate way of the world now. We sacrifice freedoms to alleviate responsibility. We discard accountability and choice in the guise of safety. It's not going to change any time soon. Just don't fool yourselves. The more you hand over, the more they'll take and the fewer options and decisions you'll be allowed to make on your own.
Yes it is where we’ve always been many many people have died from small tasks in cars if you didn’t already know that your in a dream world.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!