View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 10:40 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by imposter View Post
few months back i had this noise from the engine and found out that the crank pulley was loose, after replacing the alternator and buying a new power steering pump, and a new water pump (both that i did not install yet) and CVF pulleys that i did install, i used blue locktite on the balancer pulley bolts all good noise gone, until i heard a noise again today thank God i checked today i saw daylight between the balancer and the pulley, all the bolts were loose i just tightend them up, i guess i should of taken them out and put more locktite on them but didn't, the cvf pulley came with allen bolts, why would these loosen up and should i have used the steel plate off the stock pulleys im thinking of getting new bolts and replacing them all or use studs any advice on this would be helpful
The same thing happened to me with my 69 GTO Conv. Heard a noise in the front of the motor thought it might be the water pump so I changed it. Still had the same noise. Checked the balancer and found the four bolts loose for the pulleys and the holes egged out. Bought a used balancer from Franks Pontiac parts, bought used pulley’s on EBay and the noise was gone.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluejudge For This Useful Post: