View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike,please do your self a favor and search the internet to see what fuel in a running engine looks like!I believe John Kasse(spelling) had a intake with a clear top.When the engine is running at RPMs it is just a cloud of atomized fuel and air.You dont see any fuel.Engine at idle is where puddling can acure.I have owned just about every Bathtub since 1963,raced the factory ones and had to build the dam as John said.The Johnson Zajac was a big improvement over the factory.Rand Williams made many diff plenums,I actually test 3 of them for him with a 461 E headed engine and there was about 5 HP diff between the 3.His latest and one I did not get to test is the W plenum which I used to reproduce.I have a Johnson on my 63 434 Tempest and the Williams W plenum on my 62 434 GP.Both have factory 750 421 SD NASCAR AFBs.The Tempest has way more cam and better heads than the 62 so they drive diff.Both are running progressive off the front 2 bbl of the rear carb.They both drive better on the street than the BEST running tripower you will ever drive,more like driving a 428 2 bbl engine.No lugging,nothing but good smooth throttle.I drive the 62 every Saturday to a show and am amazed how well it drives.My 62 has 2.68 rear gears,I can shift from 3rd to 4th and end up at 1200 RPMs driving down a city street and it just pulls with no bog or hesitation.The factory intake was done back in 1962,they did well but no comparison to the W design.Break out some dollars and get one and try it for yourself.Tom

The Following User Says Thank You to tom s For This Useful Post: