View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 03:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Solid car - just repainted and took everything down to the factory primer with no significant repairs or body work. As I compare my drivers window with the passenger window (which fits beautifully) I can see that both windows are in roughly the same position front to back. It now appears that the difference I am seeing is the drivers glass is scooted out further away from the body at the lowest point where it touches the top of the door. The passenger side lowest portion of the glass is pulled in closer to the body so to speak and centers in the weatherstrip better than the driver's side. The 'in/out' adjustment uses the point where the glass meets the top of the door mainly as the 'fulcrum' to pitch the very top of the window along the roofline in and out. I may not need as much 'inward' pitch at the roofline and it may be that relaxing the inward pitch at the top will draw the bottom of the glass inward at the door(?)

I am betting that after 49 years with the driver's door likely being opened and shut 10 times for every one time the passenger door was opened, I may have a tired driver's door hinge.