View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 10:43 AM

78W72 thats great news on the engine mounts, I was maybe considering fabbing solid mounts in order to squeeze some space for the air filter but I have always ran 2" drop based air cleaners on second gens due to their lack of hood clerance. I am running a stock 73 flat hood.

We have a very similar set up except your heads are aluminum and flow much more. I've built a 10 bolt with 30 splines , Moser Axles, a True Trac and 3.08 gear. I like the 3.08 for obvious reasons on the street but also because Ive always liked the results with numerically lower gears and nitrous in the quarter.

Building a car that does double duty is always a load of compromise and from experience I tend to always favor the street more than strip performance when it comes street legal vehicles.

As for the small fuel cell / surge tank in the nose I hear your concerns , I had them too, but when I look at the original 13 gallon fuel tank in the nose of my of old 911 Porsche with very little protection around it... and the fact that I ride motorcycles too ... I guess im a punk that feels lucky !