View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 05:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
73 should be just a light and light ground harness. Have bought a couple of them . Plug and play. Routing the harness takes the most time. Cleaning the core support grounds is important. Make sure your bulbs have resistors or you use a plug in one so they flash correctly.
Thank you very much. I am sure I can tackle this. The tail harness was a snap - but yes, snaking the front one into place will be more of a challenge.

After a ton of trial and error and hours online, I ended up leaving incandescent 194s in the Front Side Marker positions with LEDs in the front turn signal locations and everything works perfectly. If I put LED 194s in the front side marker positions, it works, but the side markers are super dim and the front turn signals are at about 70%. Swap in those old-school incandescent in the side marker positions and everything works as it should.

During that process, I did end up scraping the heck out of the core support grounds and then applying a nice film of dielectric grease around the bare spot before replacing the ground ring. So that should be good.

Thank you again for your help!

The Following User Says Thank You to PDC For This Useful Post: