View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25stevem View Post
That must of been some arm work out!

Did you do it all in one shot?

Here’s two shot’s of a ported 290 cfm 16 casting, but the earlier one with the air injection boss still part of the casting.

You see how far I ground into the roof and exposed a lot of the rocker stud hole.

Thanks for saving the photo and posting it!
I have a nice set of ported 48s that are ground through on all the roofs and patched with epoxy and brazing. I never had them flow tested but I did run 10.50s @ 126 mph with them and a big solid flat tappet cam in a 3300 pound car (less driver) I drive to the track. Your 16s flowing 290cfm ..thats pretty damned good .. what numbers do you run with them?

I cut the head in half in one day at work using my breaks and lunch. So it took me a little less than an hour of hand hack sawing. The head I cut in half was being ported but got a hole in it in the bowl close to where it meets the guide at top of bowl; hitting the water jacket. You can see in the picture that is the thinnest area from that cross-sectional view. It wasn't really fixable so I cut the head up to learn from it and then found a set of small chamber 48s off a 350 HO (64cc chambers) and ported them. I finally got a set of Kauffman HighPorts so my 48s are now retired waiting for a backup engine build. Or if someone wants to buy them for the right price I might be able to break my attachment to them.

Last edited by RBAILEY; 08-16-2022 at 03:21 AM.