View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have never agreed with DUI laws.

Years ago I made my point here and got torched. I'm prepared to be vilified again.

Put simply, thousands of people will drive home under the influence tonight and arrive at their destination without having caused property damage, injury, or death. Why make what they do illegal?

I believe driving is a serious business. I think the law goes too easy on those that cause damage, injury, or death while operating a vehicle.

Throw the book at those drivers irrespective of how "impaired" they are. Maybe that will change how people drive, maybe it won't.

Seems to me that DUI, like many other moving violations, is made law to generate revenue. I don't see that they make the roads safer. In many ways, I see people who promote DUI laws using them as a means to bring back Prohibition, some people oppose alcohol generally and will push for anything that moves us in that direction.

I would prefer it be illegal to drive while stupid. Some people simply lack the intelligence to operate a vehicle without endangering other drivers. I contend that is a bigger problem than DUI. At the very least, passing a driving test should be a LOT more difficult than it is currently.