View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the feedback, Brad. My plans to only run the 428 in th '70 until the original engine rebuild was done, so hopefully i won't see too much 'deforming' of the bracket.

I have another question regarding the flywheel that i just had redone (and new clutch). My plan was to put that McLeod flywheel back on the 428, get a new clutch, and top that in the Trans Am while i have the original RA III 400 redone. But I would probably want to use the flywheel on the 400 once I get it back, as opposed to using the stock one, which i am sure is what is in there now. Do they need the flywheel to balance everything on the 400 stroker assembly? If so, does that mean I need to buy another aftermarket flywheel? I have the same question regarding the clutch. Let's say I buy a new clutch (since that flywheel can take either a 10.5 of 11 in clutch, should I get the larger one?) and I install the 428 and run around with it until the 400 is done. When I go to put the 400 back in, do I need to install a new clutch? I'm assuming that if I can just take the flywheel off the 428 and bolt it to 400, that will be ok, but just making sure. I don't want to have to buy too many parts to install the 428, because I honestly expect it to only be in use for a couple of months (and winter in NJ is fast approaching). Thanks