View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah there is no denying having a 4 speed in a classic car tends to drive the price up over a similarly equipped automatic.

I understand that and doesn't bother me. I'm personally more of a stick guy but automatics are fine. I own and race both.

I used to run UMTR (United Manual Transmission Racers) back in Cincinnati for a few years and loved competing in that. For me I have the most fun at the dragstrip with a manual trans. Doesn't even have to be fast anymore, it's just fun.

That trend has grown in the last 15 years as more and more tracks have entertained stick shift racing, and more clubs for that type of racing have been created like UMTR, UMTR South, Southeast Gassers, Clutch Kickers, Rocky Mountain Stick Shifters, just to name a few. Even the drag and drive events have incorporated a stick shift class in these events.

When I'm at the track I enjoy watching stick shift cars more than anything else. Even at an NHRA event I'm paying more attention to Stock, Super Stock, and Pro Stock, where you still see manual transmissions, don't care about the rest of it.

As far as street cars go, I can go either way. My wife prefers a stick shift and loves driving the Z. All my son has are stick shift cars. I'm stuck in the bird most of the time with a slush box, but I'm okay with it.

As far as value, not worried about it. Don't plan to sell anything and don't care. I have the cars to enjoy.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE